Here are some of the things to think about before you begin the search for your perfect home.
About Your Family
- Describe your current residence including location and amenities.
- Where is your place of work or business located?
- If you have children, what are their ages?
- Do you have any pets?
Your Home Buying Experience
- Do you have experience buying and selling?
- Where and how long ago?
- What did you like most about your experience?
- Do you need to sell your current home?
- Or are you leasing and renting?
- If leasing, how much time is left on your lease?
- What do you like most about your current home?
Getting Ready To Buy
- Are you already working with an agent?
- How long have you been looking for a home?
- What you like or dislike about the process so far?
- What homes have you seen and liked?
- What kept you from purchasing a home you really liked?
- How soon do you need to be in your first home?
Desired Area & Pricing
- Do you know where you’d like to move to?
- Are you familiar with that area?
- What makes it most attractive to you?
- Do you have a preferred school district?
- What price range have you considered?
- Have you been pre-qualified?
- What size home do you live in now?
- What size do you want to live in?
- Do you have any special requirements?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms?
- What would you like to have? A pool, spa, great room, fireplace, office, etc.
- How important is lot size?
- How important is privacy?
- Do you need a workshop?
- How many levels?
- What style you prefer? Mediterranean, Tudor, Spanish, etc.